1. In these conditions of sale, “The Company” means Bekim Ltd, Stroud Green Windows whose office is
at 178 Stroud Green Road, London, N4 3RS. “The Customer” means the person, firm or company from
whom an order is accepted by the Company. “Goods” means goods or services which are subject of
such an order be it placed verbally or in writing.
2. The Customer agrees to purchase and the Goods specified in the form of an order.
3. The Customer pays 50% as a deposit to start the job.
4. Orders are individually manufactured. No goods can be returned to the Company for credit. Any
purpose made door, window or joinery item ordered by the Customer will be subject to payment in
5. All prices are subject to VAT at the current rate at the time of invoicing.
6. The total outstanding balance is payable immediately after the Goods have been properly installed or
delivered in accordance with the terms of the contract. Payment is to be made to the installer in cash,
bank transfer or by cheque made payable to the Company. Any outstanding balances not paid in full by
the Customer on the date of the installation will be compounded at a weekly interest rate of 3%.
7. Order accepted by the Company subject to a final technical survey, which will be carried out in daylight
8. The Company reserves the right to cancel the order in the event that the surveyor is not entirely happy
that the Company can fulfil its obligations to the Customer within the contract price. In this event, any
deposit or monies in respect of the contract will be refunded in full by the Company.
9. The Customer hereby acknowledges that the items and diagrams in this contract have been checked
and are correct.
10. Risk shall pass to the Customer when Goods leave the Company’s premises where the Customer
collects. Risk shall pass to the Customer when Goods have been installed by the company.
11. Notwithstanding that the risk in the Goods has passed to the Customer, the ownership of the Goods
shall remain with the Company which reserves the right to possession and to dispose of the goods until
such time that payment has been received in full by the Company and cleared through the Company’s
12. The Customer agrees to permit access to the Company, its servants and workmen to the installation
address at all reasonable times in order that the Company may carry out the works scheduled. If, within
28 days of being advised that the Company is ready to install, the Customer has not agreed to an
installation date, the balance of the product supply cost becomes payable.
13. The Customer will provide the free use of a reasonable amount of water and electricity.
14. The Company will take all reasonable care of the Customer’s property when carrying out the work but
cannot accept liability for damage or re-decoration.
15. The contract price does not include for the repair or replacement of any rotten timber, defective lintels,
hidden services or hazardous materials such as asbestos found during the course of carrying out the
works of for the repair otherwise of any other structural defects unless such work is specified in the
schedule of work. Any such work found to be necessary will be brought to the attention of the Customer
and will be the subject of a separate quotation.
16. The Company does not undertake to move services, fixtures or fittings which are ancillary to the basic
structure of the property, e.g. radiators, pipes, electricity, telephone or television cables and the
Customer shall remove all household fixtures, including curtains, nets and blinds, before the installation
is due to commence.
17. The Company does not take any responsibility for damage caused to any of the above if not removed
by the Customer whilst work is executed. The Company reserves the right to charge for wasted time if
it is unable to carry out work due to site specific restrictions/conditions.
18. No undertaking can be given that the Customer’s existing doors, windows and/or frames can be
removed so as to be fit for re-use or any other purpose and they will be removed from the site and
disposed of unless the Customer instructs the installer to leave them. Every effort will be made to
protect and clean working areas as best as practicable, but the Company cannot be held responsible
for small fragments /splinters/ particles, which may still be present.
19. The Company reserves the right to make minor variations in the specification of any of its products at
its discretion and without prior notice to the Customer, in keeping with the Company’s policy of
continuous development and improvement.
20. The Customer shall be deemed to have accepted the Goods if not rejected within twenty-four hours of
delivery or collection or immediately in the event of the Customer having signed a note of acceptance
or delivery. Rejection subsequently will not be acceptable to the Company.
21. Any product guarantee will come into effect immediately upon completion of the works provided that
the full price has been received (less any appropriate amount in the event of defects) by the Company
on the due date.
22. The delivery or installation period quoted is that anticipated at the time of the order and will be
improved on if possible. In the event that this contract is not completed within the specified delivery
period, the Customer may serve notice on the company in writing, requiring that the work be carried
out and completed within six weeks. If the work is not completed within such expended period, the
Customer may cancel the uncompleted work covered by the contract without penalty on either side
and without loss of any deposit paid by serving written notice by recorded delivery post to the
Company. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company shall not be liable for any delay in the
completion of work which arises from causes beyond the reasonable control of the Company. In the
event that time has been made the essence of the contract, time shall not run during such delay or
when a delay on the Customer’s account is operating.
23. The Company’s liability to the Customer in respect of the direct or indirect consequences of any breach
or non-performance howsoever caused or of the strikes or of lock-outs or of any other circumstance
beyond the Company’s control or of non-supply by a third party or arising out of negligence or of any
misrepresentation or of force majeure or of any other tort or breach of statute by the Company, its
employees or its agents shall be limited to the price of the goods which are subject matter of the
particular order. The Company reserves the right to treat the contract as at an end with no
compensation payable to the Customer.
24. The Company does not claim or guarantee that its products eliminate or even reduce the incidence of
25. The Company will repair or replace all goods which are or become defective by reason of faulty
materials or workmanship in line with our written guarantee.